The Number of Women (and Teens) Who Have Had SIX Or More Abortions is Unbelievable
In 2018, 143 UK women had their eighth abortion.
“A woman seeking her seventh or eighth abortion could easily be in an abusive situation where she is being repeatedly coerced into having an abortion,” said Antonia Tully, Director of Campaigns for the Society for the Protection of Unborn Children (SPUC). “Alarm bells should be ringing loudly when teenage girls are having repeat abortions. Is anyone asking questions about why a teenager, possibly underage, keeps presenting for abortion?”
- Five teenagers were among 718 women who had at least their sixth abortion in 2018
- 143 women had an abortion last year having previously had seven or more terminations – a 19% increase on 2017 and a 27% rise on 2016
- 172 women had their seventh abortion in 2018 – a 26% increase on 2016
- 403 women had their sixth termination – 10% up on 2017 and a 33% increase on 2016
- 1,298 women – including five teenagers – had their fifth abortion in 2018, while 4,389 women – including 23 teenagers – had their fourth termination
- Overall, 84,258 repeat abortions were performed in Britain in 2018, including 3,332 on teenagers – with the overall figure up 7% on 2017 and an 11% rise on 2016
“Among the reasons for the increase in repeat abortions is almost certainly the dangerous propaganda that abortion is safe and simple. Women in Britain can have abortions at home, away from any medical supervision,” said Tully, referring to the abortion pill. “This harmful policy ignores the evidence that women aborting at home, often alone, can be left with serious mental health problems.”
Just one abortion is far too many.